A large amount of green apparel is popping up in stores around Nashville. What does this mean? St. Patrick’s Day is coming! March 17 may be the official date of St. Patrick’s Day, but festivities will begin this weekend. So, get out your calendars, initiate those group texts and start planning for the weekend. Music City knows how to celebrate!
Here’s my top 5 ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Nashville:
- Kegs and Eggs 5K/10K: How about kick-starting the green beer drinking and St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with an active Saturday morning? Join iRun For the Party for the 4th Annual Kegs & Eggs run. You can even continue the party afterwards with all the other racers at the after party at Party Fowl.
- Music City Irish Fest: Red Hot Chilli Pipers are performing. Yes, you heard me right … pipers (… and chilli, with two L’s). It threw me, too. The Red Hot Chilli Pipers have been voted the best act in Scotland and are scheduled to perform at 9:30 p.m. at Music City Irish Fest on Saturday, March 14. This free street festival on Demonbreun has entertainment starting at 11 a.m. Also, be sure to get a photo of Music Row’s “naked statue” (also known as Musica), which will be sporting kilts on Saturday.
- Lucky ‘Stache Bash: Also on Saturday, March 14, is The Greenhouse Bar’s Lucky ‘Stache Bash. Possibly the highlight of this event for the gentlemen is Nashville’s largest March Madness screen, which also happens to be going on this weekend. Grab your friends and head on over to this party that starts at noon. General Admission is $15, which includes two-for-one green beer, giveaways and free Uber rides. Oh, and lucky mustaches for everyone.
- Midtown Pot of Gold: Cut your work day short and head over to Division Street at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17. With over 20 bars, drink specials, and giveaways, a $15 general admission ticket will get you into Nashville’s largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration. There will be six stages of live music with Da Mafia Six (formerly Three Six Maria) performing on the main stage. This is a party you don’t want to miss!
- St. Patrick’s Day East Nashville Pub Crawl: Kicking off at Beyond the Edge at 7 p.m., 102.9 The Buzz covers the 10th Annual East Nashville Pub Crawl on Tuesday, March 17. The pub crawl will include Red Door, 3 Crow Bar, Drifters and Tenn 16.