TN Media facilitates many programs each year that are both promotional and event-driven based on community need and company initiatives. They include:
- Ms. Cheap’s Penny Drive benefiting Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee – raising tens of thousands of dollars to feed the area’s hungry, one penny at a time.
- Ms. Cheap’s Cheapest of the Cheap Luncheon – Ms. Cheap honors her most loyal cheapsters with an Awards Luncheon
- Salute to Nurses – TN Media and area hospitals and healthcare companies come together to honor our local nursing professionals.
- Toast of Music City – The Tennessean’s Middle Tennessee Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Pick of Williamson – The Tennessean’s Williamson County Reader’s Choice Awards.
- Top Workplaces – TN Media partners with Workplace Dynamics to spotlight Middle Tennessee’s Top Workplaces.
- Schooldays Golf Tournament – The Tennessean and Metro Parks partner on the longest standing prep sports golf tournament.
In 2012, TN Media contributed more than $925,000 in both in-kind and monetary donations to area events and non-profits. This is a key component in both TN Media’s success. We are only as strong as our communities and area partners.
Sponsorships & Partnership
Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Franklin Wine Festival
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
Greater Nashville Association of Realtors
Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County
Home Decorating & Remodeling Show
Junior League of Nashville
Juvenille Diabetes Research Foundation
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Nashville International Auto Show
Southern Women’s Show
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
St. Jude Country Music Nashville Marathon & ½
Taste of Music City
Tennessee Performing Arts Center
Williamson County Chamber of Commerce
Wine Down Main Street
Wine on the River
The Gannett Foundation is a corporate foundation sponsored by Gannett Co., Inc. Through its Community Grant Program, Gannett Foundation supports non-profit activities in the communities in which Gannett does business.
Grant applications are accepted twice a year – February and August. For more information, please visit http://www.gannettfoundation.org/
2012 Gannett Foundation Grant Recipients
Adventure Science Center
Books from Birth of Middle Tennessee
East Nashville Hope Exchange
Franklin Housing Services Corp.
Friends of Gorham-MacBane Library
Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee
Girls on the Run Nashville
GraceWorks Ministries, Inc.
Hands on Nashville
Interfaith Dental Clinic
Learning Matters, Inc.
Nashville Area Habitat for Humanity
Nashville Children’s Theatre
Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Symphony Association
Preston Taylor Ministries
St. Luke’s Community House
Tennessee Performing Arts Center
Tennessee Press Association Foundation, Inc.
The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
United Neighborhood Health Services, Inc.
United Way of Middle Tennessee, Inc.
Vanderbilt Kennedy Center
Youth Encouragement Services, Inc.
Make A Difference Day
For more than 20 years, USA WEEKEND Magazine and Points of Light have joined together to sponsor Make A Difference Day, the largest national day of community service. Millions of volunteers around the world unite in a common mission to improve the lives of others.
TN Media is going to take this challenge further elevating Middle Tennessee’s major volunteer efforts during the most critical time of year for many of the regions’ key community organizations. We will partner with Hands On Nashville, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, Nashville Next, MP&F and others to fight hunger in Middle Tennessee.
Campaign Elements surround the following events:
- National Go Orange for Hunger Day (September 5)
- Hands On Nashville Day (September 21)
- Make A Difference Day (October 26)
- Ms. Cheap’s Penny Drive benefitting Second Harvest of Middle Tennessee (November – January)
To find out how you can help make a difference either through volunteer efforts, monetary contributions or engagement opportunities, please contact Knight Stivender at firstname.lastname@example.org.